Become a Guest Teacher (Instructional Substitute)
Guest Teacher positions include teaching at the elementary, middle, and high school levels, and Instructional Assistant ESE positions.*
Please read all information below regarding the application process before applying.
1) Apply Online: You must complete an online application to be considered for a Pasco County Schools Guest Teacher.
- Search "Guest Teacher" (Instructional Substitute) and click "apply."
- Complete your online application
2) Complete a Virtual Interview: Candidates for Instructional Guest Teacher positions are required to complete a virtual interview with "Spark Hire". One of the District's HR Representatives will review the interview and make a hiring recommendation. Instructions on how to complete an interview will be emailed to you.
3) Complete Hiring Process: After the interview, if recommended for hire, you will be sent an email with instructions for completing the hiring process. Specific tasks will include completing hiring paperwork and getting fingerprinted. Background screening is required for all employees before they are able to start working.The cost of fingerprinting is $61.25.
4) Meet with an Onboarding Representative:
Once your hiring paperwork is completed, you will be scheduled a time to meet with an Onboarding Representative to bring in your original I-9 documents
You will also receive a communication from SubCentral within one week from the onboarding session regarding access to the SmartFind substitute system.
If you have questions at any time through the hiring process, please contact Sub-Central at 813-794-2490.
Daily Guest Teacher:
Long-Term Guest Teacher (11-29 days):
- Compensation is $100.00 per day beginning on day eleven. Rate does not vary by degree.
Professional Guest Teacher (30 days or more):
- Bachelor's degree in a "certified" subject or a current teaching certificate - $160.00 per day
- Applicable when substituting for teachers on leaves of 30 days or more
Important Considerations for Guest Teachers:
- Ability to work on short notice
- Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Teacher
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Successfully complete the District's Online Guest Teacher Training Program - 6 hour course
- Work a minimum of 10 days per semester
- View the Become a Substitute Teacher Today! video.
Help Line: 866-389-1245
Employee User Guide
Substitute User Guide
For more information, contact Sub Central