Become a Guest Teacher (Instructional Substitute)
Guest Teacher positions include teaching at the elementary, middle, and high school levels, and Instructional Assistant ESE positions.*
Please read all information below regarding the application process before applying.
1) Complete pre-employment training: Guest Teacher candidates must complete the Online Training course before being eligible to apply. This training is unpaid and required prior to consideration of employment
- Sign up for the Online Substitute Training Program with EdTrainingCenter. Click here for instructions on how to begin your training.
- Save an electronic copy of the Certificate of Completion when you finalize the course as you will need to upload this certificate into your application of employment.
2) Apply Online: You must complete an online application to be considered for a Pasco County Schools Guest Teacher. Go to: https://pasco.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
- Search "Guest Teacher" (Instructional Substitute) and click "apply."
- Complete your online application and upload the copy of your training certificate
3) Schedule an interview: Candidates for Instructional Guest Teacher positions are required to interview with one of the District's HR Representatives and be recommended for hire before they are able to become a guest teacher. Instructions on how to schedule an interview will be emailed to you.
4) Complete Hiring Process: After the interview, if recommended for hire, you will be sent an email with instructions for completing the hiring process. Specific tasks will include completing hiring paperwork and getting fingerprinted. Background screening is required for all employees before they are able to start working.The cost of fingerprinting is $61.25 .
At this session, an Onboarding Representative will complete a final review of all required paperwork with you and answer any additional questions you may have. You will also receive communication from SubCentral within one week from the onboarding session regarding access to the SmartFind substitute system.
If you have questions at any time through the hiring process, please contact Sub-Central at 813-792-2490.
Regular Guest Teacher (1-10 days):
- High school diploma or GED - $75.00 per day
- Bachelor's degree or higher - $80.00 per day
- Retired teacher or current teaching certificate - $80.00 per day
Long-Term Guest Teacher (11-29 days):
- Compensation is $100.00 per day beginning on day eleven. Rate does not vary by degree.
Professional Guest Teacher (30 days or more):
- Bachelor's degree in a "certified" subject AND a current teaching certificate - $160.00 per day
- Applicable when substituting for teachers on leaves of 30 days or more
Important Considerations for Guest Teachers:
- Ability to work on short notice
- Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of a Teacher
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Successfully complete the District's Online Guest Teacher Training Program- 20 hour course
- Work a minimum of 10 days per semester.
Help Line: 866-389-1245
Employee User Guide
Substitute User Guide
For more information, contact Sub Central