Professional Development Certification Program
Welcome to the Professional Development Certification Program (PDCP), formerly known as the Alternative Certification Program (ACP) for the Pasco County School District. PDCP is a rigorous 2-year program designed to develop quality teachers by offering professional education preparation via online learning and mentor support to newly hired educators with subject area expertise. By choosing this program as a means of alternative certification, you are committing to successfully completing classroom- and school-based assignments, devoting a substantial amount of personal and professional time to your program work, and making a long-term investment in your career as an educator.
• Complete 20 job-embedded tasks that align with the Florida Educator Accomplished Practices.
• Complete the 12-week online course: Reading Competency 2. (myPGS)
• Complete one of the Classroom Management courses. (myPGS)
• Take and pass the Subject Area, General Knowledge, and Professional Education exams.
• Work with administration to complete PEC folder (Professional Education Competence).
• Be a full time, K-12 classroom teacher with Pasco County Schools.
• Hold a temporary teaching certificate from the Florida Department of Education.
• Have at least 18-months remaining on temporary certificate.
• Pay program fee. Effective August 1, 2018, fee will be $1200.00. We offer payroll deduction to cover the fee.
• Assessor to provide personalized feedback through completion of the program.
• School based Mentor or another mentor to assist with classroom observations.
• District support to manage your progress through the program.
• PDCP application will be obtained when attending certification counseling to learn about your certification requirements.
• Attend a training after receiving registration confirmation.
Resources & Materials
• Florida Tracking System for PDCP website
• Florida Teacher Certification Examination website
• Florida's Professional Development Certification Program Overview
For more information regarding PDCP, email Sarah Apsey at email@example.com.