School Bus Transportation Assistant Training
Thank you for your interest in the School Bus Transportation Assistant position within Pasco County Schools. The following information will help you become familiar with the position and job benefits. Information regarding School Bus Operator can be found here. Information on available positions and how to apply can be found at the bottom of this page. Thanks again for your interest.
- Assigned to a single daily route
- Guaranteed a minimum of 5 hours daily (most routes are longer)
- Will work a split shift (example: 6:30 am to 9:45 am and 1:30 pm to 4:45pm)
- Must pass physical dexterity (kneel, bend, stoop, lift, etc.)
- Contracted to work 188 days per year
- Not contracted to work between the end of the last school day (June) and the start of the first school day (August).
- The current work calendar can be found at here
- Limited summer routes available by seniority
- Two weeks off for Winter break and one week off for Spring break
- Assistant eligible to be on a rotation list for extra curricular activity trips
- Assistants eligible for health care and dental benefits beginning on the first day of the month after completing one continuous calendar month of employment. Additional benefit information can be found at Employee Benefits and Risk Management
- Starting hourly rate: Full time $ 9.25 per hour, Substitute Assistant $ 8.46 per hour.
Step 1. Current employment opportunities can be viewed here.
Step 2. You will receive notification that your application is complete by email (if you provided one in the application process) or by the phone number you provided. Once this is occurs, you are then eligible to apply for any of the posted job opportunities with the Transportation Department. It is imperative that you reply to the appropriate contact person at the telephone number listed on the advertisement before the posted expiration time. Thank you for your interest in joining the Pasco County Transportation Team!