FRS New Hire | FRS Reemployment | 403(b)/457(b) Authorized Providers
MidAmerica Special Pay Plan | FICA Alternative Plan
Click the button below to schedule an appointment with Retirement Services or to attend a retirment planning workshop.
Retirement Services are provided by the Employee Benefits and Risk Management Section of the Office for Human Resources and Educator Quality. The purpose of Retirement Services is to assist employees with planning and preparing for a successful transition from an active employee to retirement. Our goal is to provide employees the tools and resources needed to plan and prepare for retirement while employed with Pasco County Schools.
Employees have two options for obtaining a retirement estimate:
- Contact the Florida Retirement System (FRS): You should contact FRS 2 to 3 months before your anticipated retirement date and request a retirement estimate. You may request a retirement an estimate based on years of service, retirement age or DROP enrollment. You may contact FRS at 844-377-1888, email email@example.com or complete FRS Information Request Form FR-9 (click here to print) to request a retirement estimate. Once FRS completes your retirement estimate, you will receive a personalized packet that includes your estimate, list of required documents and an FRS retirement application.
- Your FRS Online Account: When you log in, you will be connected to your custom home page where you can print your current estimate or create an estimate based on a future retirement date or age at retirement. You will need your FRS PIN to access your account. If you do not have your PIN, you may request your PIN through the PIN reminder process at http://www.myfrs.com/changePin.htm.
Annual Retirement Fair
Each year the Office for Human Resources and Educator Quality hosts an Annual Retirement Planning Fair designed to help employees plan and prepare for retirement. The retirement fair features representatives who are available to answer questions and talk to employees about the Florida Retirement System, MidAmerica Special Pay Plan and 403(b) Investment Plans.
Employees within five years of retirement are encouraged to attend the annual retirement fair.
Retirement Planning Workshops
Retirement Services will host monthly workshops during the school year that are subject oriented and will provided detail retirement information specific to Pasco County Schools. The Workshops will boost your Retirement IQ on the following retirement topics and better prepare you for retirement:
- Service Retirement (Pension or Investment Plan)
- DROP Enrollment
- Retirement Exit
- Leave Payout
- Retiree Health Benefits
- What to Expect from FRS After Retirement
- Becoming Medicare Eligible
Employees needing additional assistance after attending the annual retirement fair or one of the monthly workshops may schedule an appointment to meet one-to-one with a Retirement Services staff member. Employees should complete the following before scheduling an appointment:
- Obtain his or her FRS retirement estimate.
- Attend a group retirement session (retirement fair or workshop).
Click Here to Schedule an Appointment with Retirement Services
Florida Retirement System (FRS)
The FRS offers valuable support to help you make informed decisions about your personal retirement goals. You can receive free, confidential and unbiased retirement and financial planning services online, by phone or even in person via workshops.
- MyFRS Financial Guidance Line (1-866-446-9377): The free MyFRS Financial Guidance Line is staffed by experienced, unbiased financial planners who are available to discuss any issue you think is important to your financial future. Retirement counselors are also available to discuss Pension Plan issues or questions.
- The MyFRS.com website is your gateway to a host of tools and information about the FRS Pension Plan and Investment Plan. The user-friendly and easy to navigate website is a place you should visit frequently. The site includes:
- Summary Plan Descriptions for both the Investment Plan and the Pension Plan, which outline the provisions of the plan you selected.
- Answers to frequently asked questions.
- Simple financial calculators that let you estimate savings goals, mortgage and loan payments, inflation impacts and expenses, etc.
- Details about some of the free retirement and financial planning workshops sponsored by the FRS.Advisor Service
- Free online ADVISOR SERVICE creates a picture of your current financial situation and helps you answer the following questions:
- Will I have enough money to retire?
- How do I invest my retirement savings?
- How do I stay on track to achieve my goals?
Depending on which retirement plan you elected, the ADVISOR SERVICE gives you access to a host of important retirement planning information. Call the toll free MyFRS Financial Guidance Line, select Option 2 and a financial planner will assist you.
For additional FRS resources visit www.MyFRS.com
Voluntary Retirement Savings
The most common reason employees give for not investing or planning for their future is that they do not have any available money. What they fail to realize is that the financial planning process may actually identify ways to free up funds to meet defined goals and objectives. A great way to start this process is to contact one of the Board approved investment companies to schedule an appointment with a representative.
All regularly scheduled employees are eligible to contribute to a 403(b), 457(b) and/or Roth 403(b) plan through payroll deductions. If you participate in a voluntary retirement savings plan, you are fully vested in your contributions and earnings at all times. Once you are ready to establish a 403(b), 457(b) and/or Roth 403(b) account, you should research the authorized investment provider companies and investment products available to you. Choose an investment product(s) that is suitable to help you meet your retirement goals and contact an Investment Provider Representative to open an account. You many only choose from the list of investment provider companies approved the Pasco County Schools.
- Additional information about Investment Companies and Investment Products