Applicants must be approved as candidates in Pasco County Schools to be considered for principal vacancies. Link to apply.
*If the job ad is not presently active, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
External Candidate currently holding PRINCIPAL position - Required documentation:
· Official transcripts (reflecting degrees)
· Certificate in School Principal (or eligible)
· Current resume including recent, relevant leadership experiences
· Two most recent annual performance evaluations (effective or higher rating)
· Two recent references, at least one from current principal/ direct supervisor
· Two or more years of recent experience as a school principal
· Upon hire, a candidate without Florida Principal Certification will participate in a district approved level 1 certification program
NOTE: An external candidate who meets the requirements may be invited to go through face-to-face simulations as part of the final phase of candidate selection.
External Candidate without principal experience:
· Show evidence of placement on another District’s approved principal list/pool and submit all required documentation (listed above) OR
· Secure a position as a Pasco County employee and apply for Preparing New Principal Program (PNPP) as an internal candidate
*HREQ shall determine whether an external candidate’s education, training and/or experience satisfy the requirements to become an approved candidate. Interviews with district leadership may be required and documentation, including but not limited to, work history, references, and any disciplinary records may be considered prior to an external candidate being eligible to apply for vacancies in Pasco County Schools.
Notwithstanding the external and internal pathways listed above, the Superintendent maintains discretion to add or remove persons at any time from the approved candidate list.