Internal Administrative Selection Process - AP Candidate
Process to become an Approved Assistant Principal Candidate
Applicants must be approved as candidates with Pasco County Schools to be considered for assistant principal vacancies.
Internal Candidate Selection Process - Required documentation:
Fall Application Window: October 4-13, 2021
Fall Interview Dates: October 26, 27, 28, 2021
Spring Application Window: January 31 - February 9, 2021
Spring Interview Dates: February 21, 22, 23, 24, 2021
All required documentation must be submitted before the job ad closes to be considered during the application window.
- Effective teaching experience (a rating of effective or higher on the two most recent annual performance evaluations).
- Certificate in Educational Leadership
- Completed application in Talent Ed, including the following required documentation:
- Updated resume to reflect current position and experience
- Two recent references, at least one from a current principal or supervisor (must include at least one DSBPC “Principal” Reference Questionnaire; letter of reference optional as second reference)
- No disciplinary actions for the last 5 years
- Participate in virtual simulations, virtual interview and virtual group problem solving during scheduled times
- Upon completion of phase 2, Assistant Principal eligibility will be determined, and applicants will be notified of their status
*Applicants may not apply to the eligibility process during consecutive application windows. At least one application window must pass before an applicant can reapply.