Applicants must be approved as candidates in Pasco County Schools to be considered for assistant principal vacancies. Link to apply.
*If the job ad is not presently active, send an email to email@example.com.
External Candidate Selection Process - Required qualifications and experience:
1. Two or more years of successful experience as a principal or assistant principal; OR
2. Currently included on an approved candidate list in another school district (if the requirements are similar to the qualifications of persons listed on Pasco’s approved candidate list; OR
3. Have a sufficient combination of comparable training, education, and/or work experience, as determined by the Office for Human Resources and Educator Quality*
4. Effective K-12 teaching/ administrative experience (a rating of effective or higher on the two most recent annual performance evaluations)
5. Certificate in Educational Leadership (or eligible)
6. Two recent references, at least one from current principal/ direct supervisor
7. No disciplinary actions for the last 5 years.
An external candidate who demonstrates basic competencies via documented qualifications and experience may be invited to participate in face-to-face simulations prior to determining eligibility as an assistant principal candidate with Pasco County Schools. For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*HREQ shall determine whether an external candidate’s education, training and/or experience satisfy the requirements to become an approved candidate. Interviews with district leadership may be required and documentation, including but not limited to, work history, references, and any disciplinary records may be considered prior to an external candidate being eligible to apply for vacancies in Pasco County Schools.
Notwithstanding the external and internal pathways listed above, the Superintendent maintains discretion to add or remove persons at any time from the approved candidate list.