Early Childhood Programs
Required Documents

Below is a list of documents requested to prepare for an interview and to support the application process. 


If you are unable to locate any of the requested documents, Head Start staff will assist you when you are contacted for an interview appointment. 


Please review the documents below in each category. Gather the ones that apply to you to support your family's application:

1) Proof of age for all applicants (Certified birth certificate (preferred) OR hospital birth record OR current immunization record). 


2) Proof of Guardianship/Kinship/Foster care (If your name is not on the Child’s Birth Certificate).


3) Current proof of address in Pasco County (Choose one)

  • Government-issued document (Florida ID/ Driver’s license, property tax assessment showing homestead exemption)
  • Residential rental agreement or receipt from rental payment with address and name of parent
  • Paystub within the last 12 months
  • Utility bill within the last 12 months (electric, gas, cable, water, or landline phone)
  • Military order showing that the child’s parent is a service member in the United States Armed Forces and is assigned to duty in FL while the child attends the VPK program
  • If none of the supporting documents listed above are available, a coalition may accept an affidavit that child’s parent swore to or affirmed with a letter from a landlord or property owner that confirms that the child resides at the address shown on the affidavit.
  • If none of the supporting documents listed above are available for a homeless child as s.1003.01, F.S., defines, a coalition shall document residency based on other supporting documents showing that the child is homeless and resides in FL (e.g., letter from a homeless shelter or affidavit the child’s parent swears to or affirms).


4) Current proof of SNAP, Public Assistance and/or foster care (Choose all that apply)

  • SNAP - Food Stamps (Current benefit letter or computer printout from the Department of Children & Families showing family members and amount of SNAP) (dated within the last 12 months and/or current) 
  • TANF (Temporary Cash Assistance) benefits letter or computer printout from the Department of Children & Families(dated within the last 12 months and current) 
  • Relative/Non-Relative Caregiver allowance/Kinship Care (Cash Assistance) benefits letter or computer printout from the Department of Children & Families (dated within the last 12 months and current) 
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI) - Current benefits award letter (dated within the last 12 months) 


5) Proof of income for the previous 12 months: Documentation of household income for the last 12 months is requested by providing any of the following forms of income that applies or has applied to your family in the last 12 months, even if you are currently not working:

  • 1040 Tax form (Preferred proof of income); 1099; 1098; all W2’s
  • Check stubs (It is not necessary to provide 12 months worth of paystubs) (4-8 weeks' worth within the last 12 months; please do not provide current pay stubs unless the working parent just started employment)
  • If paid cash: Statement from employer on letterhead that includes date of hire, current pay rate and number of work hours per week
  • Current benefits award letter (or within the last 12 months) for Social Security Benefits (SSD) (retirement, disability, and/or survivors)
  • Child Support Documentation for each child in the home, if applicable
  • Unemployment Compensation (Last paystub from previous employer and unemployment wage transcript or 3 unemployment stubs)


6) Additional documents if applicable:

  • Current proof of WIC (trifold appointment card) and/or Documentation that the applicant has a chronic health condition such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease or sickle cell disease, weight concerns, significant dental needs, or iron deficiency.
  • Documentation of any disability (Signed IEP or Signed IFSP) diagnosed or concerns for applying child(ren)
  • If a pregnant woman is applying for services, then she is to provide documentation of pregnancy (With due date) 

Contact Us!