Early Childhood Programs
Head Start is a Parent Participation Program that offers Comprehensive Preschool Services to expectant mothers and children ages birth to five at no cost to eligible families.
Recruitment and applications for the program year 2019-2020 begins in February 2019 through May 24, 2019
Between May 25, 2019 and January 31, 2020 "Open Application Day" Interviews are not available.
Interviews during this time frame will be scheduled based on an applicant's age and individual/family risk factors.
Please remember that your child is not active on the program's waiting list unless you have an in-person interview for each program year that your child is not age eligibile to attend kindergarten
PLEASE REVIEW ALL STEPS BELOW BEFORE CLICKING ON THE BLUE LINKS
STEP 1: Families interested in applying for services must participate in an In-Person Interview.
STEP 2: Bring the Required Documents to your appointment.
STEP 3: If your child is or will be 4 on or before 9/1/19 you must also apply for a VPK Certificate by clicking Here
STEP 4: If you have previously completed an online pre-application it is NOT necessary to complete another one. The application will be printed at the time of the in-person interview.
STEP 5: You will receive an email providing you with more information. Be sure to check your spam/junk mail.
STEP 6: If you have never applied for a child through Pasco County Head Start/Early Head Start then you may pre-apply below.
Attention Please Read:
If you have previously applied with Pasco County Head Start and your email is in our family database our online Pre-Application will not allow you to move forward. If your email is already in our family database then you will receive the following message:
"It appears that you have previously submitted an application. If you wish to apply again, please contact us by phone or in person."
Feel free to email Alexis Russell at email@example.com.
After successfully submitting an online pre-applicaton you MUST check your email for confirmation and additional information.
Apply Here - English
Aplicar aquí - Español
- Eligibility and selection are based on family need and income. Space is Limited.
- Priority for Head Start is given to children who turn 4 years old on or before September 1 of the applying school year.
- Priority for Early Head Start is given to expectant mothers and children who turn 3 after September 1 of the applying year.
- Children with documented disabilities or special needs are encouraged to apply.
- Transportation is limited and not guaranteed.
- In-person interviews are required in order to complete the application process.
- Completing an application and in-person interview does NOT guarantee selection into the program.
- All applicants are placed on the program's waiting list for one school year.
For a list of acceptable documents for proving family income click here
To view the Poverty Guidelines for your family size click here
For questions please email Alexis Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org