School choice strengthens the availability and quality of educational options available to parents. It provides opportunities for developing the potential that lies within the young leaders of tomorrow.
Research has suggested, repeatedly, that the number one indicator in a child’s academic success is the presence and involvement of the parent.
This website is a resource which families may use to research the best choice to match the interests of students.
* School Choice for students wishing to attend a public school outside their assigned boundary area, within Pasco County. Please note: This includes students wishing to transfer into Pasco County from a neighboring county (Including students that have applied for the International Baccalaureate Program and reside outside of Pasco County);
* Out of County School Choice Release Application Forms, for students that live in Pasco County but wish to attend a public school in another county.
* Magnet Programs are public school sites of choice where a specialized magnet theme is implemented within the school, but not all students participate. Students apply to the program and are accepted based on a lottery system. All students selected in the magnet lottery process are eligible for transportation, in compliance with current district transportation policies.
* Magnet Schools are public school sites of choice where a specialized magnet theme is implemented school-wide. All students attending the school participate in the thematic learning components of the program. Students who live outside of the magnet school's attendance area apply to the program and are accepted based on a lottery system. Transportation is provided to all enrolled students, in compliance with current district transportation policies.
* Magnet Themes provide a specialized curriculum and/or way of learning that is unique to a specific school site. Magnet themes are aligned with Florida State Standards and designed to attract students with unique talents, interests, and/or abilities.
* McKay Scholarships for students with disabilities;
* Home Education, giving the parents freedom to direct their child’s education;
* Technical Programs and Career Academies offer rigorous and relevant career education by providing a vital link between education and industry;
* Charter schools meeting unique student learning and community needs;
* Virtual education for elementary, middle, and high school students;
* Florida's Opportunity Scholarship Program for students in failing public schools.