Land O’Lakes, FL – (September 10, 2019) – Area schools in Pasco County have organized efforts to raise funds and supplies for the residents devasted by Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas. The following schools are participating:
- Gulf High School is raising money every Friday in September to provide relief to Bahamian victims of Hurricane Dorian.
At the start of 2nd period each Friday, students from the Together We Stand club will visit classes to collect loose change. Students will also collect donations at home football games.The Buc$ for the Bahamas funds collected will be donated to a humanitarian relief agency to help the people of the Bahamas rebuild their lives.
This initiative is part of a legacy of humanitarianism at Gulf High School, with students collecting money to help after global disasters.
- Wendell Krinn Technical High School’s National Honor Society (NHS) is collecting donations through September 13. Donations can be dropped off at the media center. For every donation, the donor will receive an entry into a raffle for a free KTech and NHS t-shirt.
- Sunlake High School’s Junior States of America club is collecting donations through September 13. Students can drop off donations at their first period class or in Room 04-164.
- Wesley Chapel High School’s Interact Club is having a FIRST PERIOD COMPETITION each day from September 16 through September 27, to collect donations for the Bahamas. The first period class that collects the most items will receive a donut party.
- Wiregrass Ranch High School is collecting donations through September 12. Items can be dropped in Room 3-134