2022-2023 BCE Student Employees
We are pleased to continue our Business Cooperative Education (BCE) student employee program for the 2022-2023 school year. Below, you will find information regarding the application and hiring process.
Process and Program Guidelines
BCE Student Hiring Process:
- Interested student applicant will complete the BCE student application online with the Pasco County School District https://pasco.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=22417
- Interested student applicant will email their resume to the school or schools of choice.
- Each worksite/school is responsible for replying to interested applicant to schedule an interview.
- Each worksite/school is responsible for contacting Human Resources to complete on-boarding procedures to include fingerprinting.
- Each worksite/school is responsible for verifying that their BCE Student for the 2022-2023 school year is enrolled in at least one (1) BCE/OJT placeholder (either at the student's home school or online with Pasco eSchool).
BCE student must meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least one (1) BCE/OJT placeholder on schedule.
- Must have taken or currently enrolled in a required business course.
- Digital Information Technology – Course #8207310
- Accounting Applications – Course #8203310
- Business Entrepreneurship – Course #8215120
- Microcomputer Applications – Dual Entrollment Course @ PHSC CGS 1100
Summer applicants must have eligible course in upcoming fall schedule.
BCE Student must work five (5) hours weekly per EACH BCE/OJT placeholder on their schedule.
- 1 BCE/OJT period = minimum 5 work hours per week
- 2 BCE/OJT periods = minimum 10 work hours per week
*A student can have one (1) BCE/OJT placeholder and work as many hours as needed as long as they are in compliance with child labor laws. Consult Human Resources for guidance regarding child labor laws.
- BCE students must be present for classes on scheduled workdays.
- Each worksite/school must have an allocation for the BCE student with a fixed number of work hours allotted for the fiscal year as detailed below:
- Summer: May 26, 2022 - August 9, 2022 = 360 hours per allocation
- School Year: August 10, 2022 - May 26, 2023 = 720 hours per allocation
- Requests for additional allocations must be approved by the worksite’s Assistant Superintendent.
- Requests for additional BCE student hours must be submitted to Jennifer Batchelor, Program Specialist, Office for Career, Technical and Adult Education, with the approval based on available hours.