2020-2021 BCE Student Employees
We are pleased to continue our Business Cooperative Education (BCE) student employee program for the 20/21 school year. Below, you will find information regarding the application and hiring process.
Process and Program Guidelines
BCE Student Hiring Process:
- Interested student applicant will complete the BCE student application online with the Pasco County School District https://pasco.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=7932
- Interested student applicant will email their resume to the school or schools of choice.
- Each worksite/school is responsible for replying to interested applicant to schedule an interview.
- Each worksite/school is responsible for contacting Human Resources to complete on-boarding procedures to include fingerprinting.
- Each worksite/school is responsible for verifying that their BCE Student for the 20/21 school year is enrolled in at least 1 BCE/OJT placeholder (either at the student's home school or online with Pasco eSchool).
BCE student must meet the following requirements:
- Must have at least 1 BCE/OJT placeholder on schedule.
- Must have taken or currently enrolled in a required business course.
- Digital Information Technology – Course # 8207310
- Accounting Applications – Course # 8203310
- Business Entrepreneurship – Course # 8215120
- Microcomputer Applications – Course # PHSC CGS 1100
Summer applicants must have eligible course in upcoming fall schedule.
BCE Student must work 5 hours weekly per BCE/OJT placeholder on their schedule
- 1 BCE/OJT = 5 work hours per week
- 2 BCE/OJTs = 10 work hours per week
*A student can have 1 BCE/OJT placeholder and work as many hours as needed as long as they are in compliance with child labor laws. Consult Human Resources for guidance regarding child labor laws.
- BCE students must be present for classes on scheduled workdays.
- Each worksite/school must have an allocation for the BCE student with a fixed number of work hours allotted for the fiscal year as detailed below:
- July 01, 2020 – August 07, 2020 177 hours per allocation
- August 10, 2020 – June 30, 2021 720 hours per allocation
- Requests for additional allocations must be approved by the worksite’s Assistant Superintendent.
- Requests for additional BCE student hours must be submitted to Wendy Beard, Program Coordinator, Office for Career and Technical Education, with the approval based on available hours.