This course will meet an academic elective requirement.
Principal Approved Assessment
Elective- may be taken at any grade level after taking the prerequisite. See placement considerations here.
Next Course in Progression:
Consider other ELA and Reading Electives
The purpose of this course is to enable students to develop proficient knowledge and skills in the research process with emphasis on appropriate research design.
The content should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- research process
- experimental, descriptive, and historical research
- research design and methodology
- legal and ethical issues in research
- research questions and hypotheses
- review of literature and other resources
- data collection, analysis, and statistics
- report formats, styles, and content
- critical analysis of research