This course will meet an academic elective requirement.
Principal Approved Assessment
Elective- may be taken at any grade level after taking the prerequisite. See placement considerations here.
Next Course in Progression:
The purpose of this course is to enable students to develop basic knowledge and skills in the research process with emphasis on determining and refining research questions.
The content should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- research process
- research topics
- research questions and hypotheses
- definition, analysis, and evaluation of research questions
- review of literature and other resources
- primary and secondary sources
- formulation of hypotheses
- organization of information
- report formats, styles, and content
- directed investigations -critical analysis of research