This course will meet an academic elective requirement.
Principal Approved Assessment
Elective- may be taken at any grade level. See placement considerations here.
No prerequisite required.
Next Course in Progression:
The purpose of this course is to enable students to develop fundamental knowledge of the steps in the research process.
The content should include, but not be limited to, the following:
- nature and purpose of research
- research questions and hypotheses
- research methods and procedures
- review of literature and other resources
- primary and secondary sources
- directed investigations
- organization of information
- report formats, styles, and content
- critical analysis of research
- submission of a major independent research project