School Choice Information
***The School Choice Application is now CLOSED***
The School Choice Controlled Open Enrollment Window will be open on January 7, 2021 and will remain open through January 21, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. For a list of Frequently Asked Questions click here.
Note: Internet Explorer users may experience issues when attempting to access this application.
We are happy to provide many choice options in Pasco County Schools. Below is Important information to be considered when requesting school choice:
- Review the Pasco County School's Controlled Open Enrollment Plan.
- Transportation is not provided to students on school choice.
- HUB transportation may be provided for magnet programs and schools. Please see the Pasco Pathways Innovative Programs and School Choice Catalog https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/school_choice_catalog/catalog for additional details.
- Students subject to a current expulsion or suspension are not eligible for school choice.
- Approval to attend a school of choice can be rescinded due to poor attendance, grades or behavior or if a student withdraws from a program (such as IB) upon which the approval was based.
- All Pasco County schools are monitored for class size availability. Not all grade levels are available at the schools listed on the application.
- A student must be entering kindergarten and be five (5) years old on or before September 1 of the current school year to be eligible for School Choice reassignment.
- Parents/Guardians wishing to enroll in a county other than Pasco County must contact that county for their enrollment procedures.
- District consideration of Choice applications and hardship requests includes without limitation a review of the District’s Controlled Open Enrollment Plan, applicable State and Federal law, and School Board Policy.