Welcome to the Office for Professional Development and School Supports
Reactions to PLC Facilitator Training
The mission of the Office for Professional Development and School Supports is to maximize student achievement and 21st century professional learning by providing differentiated professional development and coaching, focused on enhancing teaching practices and the implementation of highly effective professional learning communities.
- Enhance teaching practices (expertise) from year-to-year through various professional growth opportunities, to maximize student achievement.
- Provide strategic, data driven professional development based on school and individual improvement plans.
- Engage schools in the implementation of authentic professional learning communities focused on the current data-driven work of the school.
- Assist schools in the creation of a multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) that proactively responds to the needs of all students, families, and staff.
- Ensure all school-based professional development activities are research-based and follow the Florida Staff Development Protocols.
- Provide training, coaching, and resources in the transition to the Common Core State Standards to ensure College, Career, and Life Readiness for all students.
- Assist feeder patterns in aligning key district initiatives, school improvement planning, professional development, professional learning community work, and monitoring of effective teaching and student learning.
The Office for Professional Development and School Supports is now accepting applications for the Preparing New Principal Program. Applications will be accepted through Wednesday, May 15, 2013 by 3:00 pm. As the supporting documents below state, applicants will need to fill out the application and have their current Principal/Director fill out and return the Principal/Director Verification form. The minimum requirements to be eligible include: currently occupying an Assistant Principal level position within Pasco County Schools and having a minimum of three years experience. Please note that this application process replaces the traditional Human Resources Targeted Selection process.
7227 Land O Lakes Blvd.
Land O' Lakes, FL 34638
Chris Christoff, Director