Welcome to the Office for Professional Development and School Supports
The mission of the Office for Professional Development and School Supports is to maximize student achievement and 21st century professional learning by providing differentiated professional development and coaching, focused on enhancing teaching practices and the implementation of highly effective professional learning communities.
- Enhance teaching practices (expertise) from year-to-year through various professional growth opportunities, to maximize student achievement.
- Provide strategic, data driven professional development based on school and individual improvement plans.
- Engage schools in the implementation of authentic professional learning communities focused on the current data-driven work of the school.
- Assist schools in the creation of a multi-tiered system of supports (MTSS) that proactively responds to the needs of all students, families, and staff.
- Ensure all school-based professional development activities are research-based and follow the Florida Staff Development Protocols.
- Provide training, coaching, and resources in the transition to the Common Core State Standards to ensure College, Career, and Life Readiness for all students.
- Assist feeder patterns in aligning key district initiatives, school improvement planning, professional development, professional learning community work, and monitoring of effective teaching and student learning.
- June 9th - 18th: (7 Days) Theory and Development of Creativity (Gifted)
- June 9th: Reading : Competency 2 (Online)
- June 10th: Reading Endorsement: Foundations of Language (Online)
- June 16th & 17th: Differentiated Instruction 2014 (Cadre 3 & 5)
- June 18th & 19th: Differentiated Instruction 2014 (Cadre 4 & 6)
- June 23rd, 24th, 25th: ESE Summer Institute at Wiregrass Ranch High School
- July 7th: Instructional Framework - Application and Reflection of its Intentional Design
- July 8th: Instructional Framework - Application and Reflection of its Intentional Design
- July 9th: Instructional Framework - Application and Reflection of its Intentional Design
- July 10th: Instructional Framework - Application and Reflection of its Intentional Design
- July 21st: LSI Design Question Four - For Language Arts Florida Standards Based Planning)
- Application for Preparing New Principals Program - Level II
- Application Information Letter
- Principal or Director Verification Form
Professional Development Opportunities for June 2014
Professional Development Opportunities for July 2014
Information on the Principal Pool 2014 Application
The Office for Professional Development and School Supports is now accepting applications for the Preparing New Principal Program. Applications will be accepted through Friday, May 16, 2014 by 3:00 pm. As the supporting documents below state, applicants will need to fill out the application and have their current Principal/Director fill out and return the Principal/Director Verification form. The minimum requirements to be eligible include: currently occupying an Assistant Principal level position within Pasco County Schools and having a minimum of three years experience. Please note that this application process replaces the traditional Human Resources Targeted Selection process.
Marzano Instructional Framework Resources
7227 Land O Lakes Blvd.
Land O' Lakes, FL 34638
Chris Christoff, Director