Based on feedback after our distance learning experience during Quarter 4, this learning model will incorporate many of the features that parents and students valued, such as regular virtual real-time interaction with teachers each day for every class. Parents can rely on teachers to facilitate and guide student learning.
Students will have scheduled times, synchronous class meetings, and digital resources and assignments that can be completed at home or at school, if circumstances change during the year. This learning model provides families the flexibility to choose an instructional model to meet their needs during these uncertain times, and reflects our District’s commitment to providing a high-quality instructional experience, no matter what the setting.
What to expect from mySchool Online
- Students are at home learning and will need access to a device and internet
- Instruction is provided remotely and students will have access to their teachers during the regular school day hours
- Elementary students can expect daily lessons with face to face connections
- Secondary students can expect daily face to face connections for every period
- Attendance will be taken daily in each course
Additional Supports for Students and Families
- Virtual office hours and small group sessions to meet social and academic needs
- On demand access to a library of tutorials, trouble-shooting, and tech support
- Tips and strategies to support students learning off campus
- Support from case managers and academic intervention teachers to meet student needs during regular school hours
While many courses will be available through mySchool Online, some courses will only be offered through the Traditional option or through Pasco eSchool.