Description of Services
Pasco Learning and Activity Centers of Enrichment (PLACE) is a school-age before and after school activity program operated by the District School Board of Pasco County. PLACE is designed to provide an active and enriching environment for children who must arrive at school early, stay late and/or require supervised activities on most school holidays. Participation is limited to elementary school children, in kindergarten through grade five.
The school cafeteria and outside play areas are utilized for PLACE activities. Supervision is provided by school board staff at a ratio of one adult to 25 children. The number of children enrolled at each site is determined by the spacial limitations and number of staff employed.
A child may be enrolled in the PLACE program if he/she is:
- Able to be independent in daily self care needs, such as toileting, feeding, dressing self.
- No danger to self or others.
- Able to participate in large group activities with an adult/child ratio of 1 adult to 25 children.
- Able to remain within program location and under adult supervision without running away.
The staff will strive to meet the social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the child in an environment that fosters:
- Positive self-esteem
- Safety awareness
- Sense of security
- Community involvement
- Environmental awareness
NavigationVisit us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Visit us on YouTube
PLACE Vision Statement
The PLACE Program will assist children in becoming college, career and life ready by fostering a caring and creative environment which emphasizes the social, emotional, physical and intellectual development of each child.
Employer Identification Number: 59-6000792
District Check Writing Policy
- Rob Aguis, Director, Community, Career, and Technical Education
- Mary Grey, Supervisor of Child Care Educational Programs
- Sandra Jay, Child Care Program Specialist
- Leslie Thomas, Child Care Program Specialist
PLACE Program Questions