Beginning in 2019-2020, Pasco County Schools will implement a monthly, two-hour-early release time to allow for staff to engage in professional development aligned with student needs and district and school priorities.
- For students - increase in effective instruction and decrease in learning disruption on substitute days.
- For staff - increased opportunity to learn and grow built in to the work schedule.
- For stakeholders - predictable schedule, fewer substitutes, higher quality, and more engaged staff.
Early release days will take place on the second Wednesday of each month with the exception of January. January's early release day will fall on January 15th, which is the third Wednesday. There will be no early release days in August or May.
- September 11, 2019
- October 9, 2019
- November 13, 2019
- December 11, 2019
- January 15, 2020
- February 12, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- April 8, 2020
- Early Release FAQs for Families
- Early Release FAQ for School Staff
- Early Release FAQ for School Leaders
- After School Enrichment Programs Early Release Information