Our Middle Schools Welcome You!
As your child begins to enter the teenage years, his or her educational needs and expectations will begin to change rapidly. Pasco County middle schools offer new and exciting opportunities for children in grades 6-8 specifically designed to meet those needs. Your child will experience school in a whole new way, from working with a team of teachers and traveling from class to class, to exploring technology and languages in electives. While this transition can be stressful for incoming students and parents, we are dedicated to making the move to middle school a successful one. This site has been created with that dedication in mind, and is intended to inform you and your child about some of the new ideas you will encounter during these next, exciting three years.
Top Ten Middle School Survival Tips
The following video contains essential tips for doing well in middle school. The list itself was voted on by those who know best: our middle school students!
Fast Facts About Pasco Middle Schools
- All Pasco middle schools serve grades 6, 7 and 8.
- All students have 6 classes each day. As a 6th, 7th or 8th grader your child will have Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science. The two additional classes can be a combination of electives and intensive reading and math.
- Pasco Middle schools invite 5th grade students and parents to curriculum fairs in the spring in order to provide an orientation to the middle school structure.
- To assure continuity, students are assigned to a team of teachers that work together with your child.
- Your student’s team of teachers from 7th grade will "loop" with them and continue to work with your child in 8th grade.
- All 6th grade students have a developmental reading class in addition to the core academic classes.
- All 6th and 7th grade students rotate through elective classes in the Fine Arts and/or Community Career and Technical Education classes.
- All students are required to have one semester of PE physical education (PE) class.
- As 8th graders, students select up to two elective courses.
- Intensive Math and Reading is provided for students who need extra support.
- All 7th and 8th grade students can participate in football, soccer, basketball, volleyball and track.
- There may be additional clubs and activities available at individual schools.
- Lunch Menus
- Back to School
- Code of Conduct - Español
- Transportation (Bus Schedules)
- Middle School Homework Helper Brochure
New to our Middle Schools? - Then you may not know that our eSembler gradebook program allows you and your child to keep track of grades and attendance online. Get more information or sign up for an account today!
Tina Tiede, Assistant Superintendent for Middle Schools
Secretary: Cindy McKenna