Magnet Middle School
Application Window: December 4, 2017 through January 12, 2018
Notification of Application Status: February 12, 2018
Agreement of Understanding
By submitting a magnet application, I acknowledge my understanding of the following conditions for this application:
• The deadline for receipt of this application is JANUARY 12, 2018.
• Applicants will be entered into a lottery style selection process. The order in which applications are received will not impact the lottery selection process. Applications DO NOT guarantee placement.
• Students currently enrolled at the magnet themed middle school and/or students who live within the schools' attendance zones do not have to reapply, unless they live outside of Pasco County.
• Incomplete and/or inaccurate information may prevent an application from being processed.
• Offers of acceptance will be emailed on February 12, 2018.
• Failure to respond to an offer of acceptance by the date specified in the email will be interpreted as a parent/guardian decline of program acceptance and the seat will be offered to another student.
Priority preference will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
• Students attending a magnet theme that is offered at the next level of promotion.
• A student who is a sibling of an accepted student and will attend the magnet theme school site at the same time as the accepted student.
• Parent is a Pasco County Schools employee within the feeder pattern of the magnet middle school for which the student is applying.
• Student is zoned for a school that is overcrowded.
• Any applicable preferential treatment as set forth in Florida law.
1. Only one (1) online application per student will be accepted. Duplicates or revisions CANNOT be accepted. There are no paper applications. If you do not have access to a computer, please visit your school or public library.
2. Please complete all required areas. Failure to complete all sections may result in the application not being processed.
3. Families applying for more than one (1) child to a magnet school must have a separate application for each student (even though the application asks for sibling names, this does not constitute an application for those siblings listed). Sibling(s) must reside in the same household as the student who is applying, or documentation of joint custody must be provided. Siblings who meet eligibility requirements will be accepted based upon the availability of open seats in the grade level for which the student is applying.
4. If the applicant makes an error on the application after it is submitted please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the correction that needs to be made.
Requests to attend a Pasco County school (including applicants for Magnet Theme Middle Schools), if you live in another county, require a release from your HOME county. The approved release must be received within the Open Enrollment period. A new Florida statute that went into effect for the 2017-2018 school year does not allow out of district students to displace district residents.
For more information on the magnet application process please view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Email additional questions to: email@example.com.