Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Pasco Schools Kindergarten Pre-Registration & Head Start/Early Head Start Application
Land O’ Lakes, FL – (April 11, 2017) – Pasco County Schools kindergarten pre-registration is Monday, May 8, at all district elementary schools. Those interested should contact the school in their area for details about orientation activities and times. Head Start/Early Head Start applications are only available at select elementary schools.
Kindergarten pre-registration requirements:
· Child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2017
· Child’s birth certificate or other proof of birth date
· Health examination – HRS Form 3040
· HRS Certificate of Immunization
· Proof of Florida residency such as a current utility bill (i.e. electric, water, etc.), or lease agreement
For information about kindergarten, call Danielle Varcardipone in the Office for Teaching and Learning at (727) 774-2404, (813) 794-2404, or (352) 524-2404.
Head Start/Early Head Start
---Expectant mothers, and parents of infants, toddlers, and children through age 5 may apply for Head Start or Early Head Start. Families must meet income eligibility requirements. Completing an application does not guarantee a child's eligibility for services.
Minimum Required Documents:
• Proof of birth for all applicants (Certified birth certificate, current immunization record, or hospital birth record)
• Child’s Social Security card or number (if available)
• Documentation of the most current household income for the last 12 months: 1040 tax form, 1099, 2016 W-2s or 4-8 weeks of paystubs, or proof of SSI/SSD (if applicable)
• Proof of child support for all children in the household (if applicable)
• Proof of residency in Pasco County dated within the last 12 months (FL ID/driver’s license, utility bill, signed lease agreement, etc.)
• Proof of guardianship or custody documents for children with a non-parent caregiver
• Protective Services and/or foster care verification; verification of cash assistance; documentation of a diagnosed disability for a child, or proof of disability of parent and/or guardian (if applicable)
For more information about Head Start/Early Head Start visit the district website at www.pascoschools.org or call Alexis Russell in Early Childhood Programs at (727) 774-2730, (813) 794-2730, (352) 524-2730.