Friday, November 12, 2010
New Boundaries Proposed For East Side Middle and High Schools
The attendance boundary committee has developed proposed attendance boundaries for the east side middle and high schools, The intent of these boundaries is to help relieve the overcrowding at Dr. John Long Middle School and Wiregrass Ranch High School and to balance the student populations at the east side middle and high schools. The middle schools affected by this proposal include Dr. John Long Middle, Pasco Middle, Raymond B. Stewart Middle, and Thomas E. Weightman Middle. The high schools affected include Pasco High, Wiregrass Ranch High, and Wesley Chapel High. The committee did not recommend changing the boundaries for Centennial Middle and Zephyrhills High. Links to maps showing these proposed changes can be found below. Larger, more detailed maps will be posted in the lobby of each affected school.
If approved, these boundaries will take effect beginning August of 2011. Next year’s Seniors will remain at their current school.
Parent meetings will be conducted to review and receive input on all of the proposed boundary changes. These meetings will be held at Wesley Chapel High School on November 30th at 6:30 pm and at Raymond B. Stewart Middle School on December 7th at 6:30 pm. The content will be the same for both of these meetings.
The First Reading of these proposed boundaries will be heard by the School Board on December 21st, 2010. The Second Reading and Board Action will be on January 18th, 2011.
For additional information, please contact the Planning Department.
Five Most Recent...
- Update on Hudson Schools
- Cinderella Project Again Giving Free Prom Dresses
- Ribbon Cutting for Pasco Schools’ 5th Health and Wellness Center
- Marchman Technical College Joins Honor Society, Seeks NATEF Certification
- Stewart Middle School Parent University for Incoming 6th Grade Families
- School district buys land for elementary
- Gulf High SADD helps with video calling for seat belt safety - See more at: http://suncoastnews.com/
- Pasco County high schoolers cut hair to send students to Camp Jenny
- PR Rotary to boost school Clothes Closets
- Cotee River Elementary stages special education games - See more at: http://suncoastnews.com/su/list