Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Boundary Process Begins for High School “EEE”
With the opening of the new "EEE" High School at S.R. 52 and Chicago Avenue in the Hudson area comes the need for developing the attendance boundary for the school. The boundary process began on April 30th with the initial meeting of the boundary committee. The committee is tasked with carving out an attendance boundary from the existing boundaries of Hudson High School, Ridgewood High School and River Ridge High School. The committee consists of principals, parents, administrators and representatives from the Exceptional Student Education, Transportation and Planning Departments.
In addition, boundary committees will meet this coming summer to look at adjusting all west-side high school and west-side middle school attendance boundaries due to the opening of High School "EEE" and for the purpose of balancing student populations at each of these schools. A proposal for boundary changes is expected to be complete by the fall and at that time will be presented to the public for comment and questions. Ultimately, all proposed boundary changes will go to the School Board for approval.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
2009-2010 Head Start Application
Parents, Head Start and Early Head Start applications for the 2009-2010 school year are now being accepted! If you think you might be interested in enrolling your child for the upcoming session, we encourage you to submit your application right away, as space is limited.
Please note the following: Preference for Head Start is given to children who turn 4 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year; Eligibility is based on family need and income; Total household income must be within federal poverty guidelines; Completing an application does NOT guarantee a child’s eligibility for services.
Children who are turning 3 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year may also apply. Early Head Start serves expectant mothers, infants, and toddlers through age 3.
Transportation for children is provided according to the District School Board of Pasco County transportation guidelines.
Documents needed to complete an application:
- Child’s CERTIFIED Birth Certificate (Not hospital copy).
- Child’s Health Card (Medicaid, Kid Care or Private Insurance) if applicable.
- Documentation of 4-6 WEEKS of the most current household income (pay stubs, SSI/SSD, W-2(s), employer letter, and/or 1040 tax form).
- Proof of Child Support for all children in home, if applicable.
- Proof of current residency (utility bill, FL ID/Driver's License, etc.).
Additional documents if applicable:
- Child’s Social Security Card or number.
- Information for other family members in the home (Social Security numbers and dates of birth).
- TCA or WAGES Verification (Career Central), or Subsidized Child Care, Protective Services and/or Foster Care Verification.
- Bring copies of recent medical bills exceeding $300.
- Documentation of parent/guardian attending school.
- Documentation of disability or suspected disability in the home for child, parent and/or guardian.
For full details, please download a copy of our helpful Head Start flyer
. Thank you!