Wednesday, April 25, 2012
2012-2013 Kindergarten Pre-Registration and Head Start/Early Head Start Information
Kindergarten pre-registration will be May 7 at all Pasco County elementary schools. Those interested should contact the school in their area for details about orientation activities and times. Head Start/Early Head Start applications are only at select elementary schools.
Kindergarten pre-registration requirements:
- Child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1, 2012
- Child’s birth certificate or other proof of birth date
- Health examination – HRS Form 3040
- HRS Certificate of Immunization
- Proof of Florida residency (such as current electric bill or lease agreement)
For information about kindergarten, call Lori Wiggins, Supervisor of Curriculum and Instructional Services, at (727) 774-2317, (813) 794-2317, or (352) 524-2317.
Head Start/Early Head Start application requirements:
- Expectant mothers, infants, toddlers and children through age 5 may apply (Preference for Head Start is given to children who turn 4 on or before Sept. 1, 2012
- Families must meet income eligibility requirements
- Certified birth certificate or other state approved document
- Child’s Social Security card or number (if available)
- Child’s health card (Medicaid, Kid Care or private insurance)
- Documentation of four to six weeks of most current household income, or 2011 W-2’s/1040 Tax Form
- Proof of residency (Driver’s license, utility bill, etc.)
- Proof of child support (if applicable)
- Information for other family members (Social Security numbers and dates of birth)
IF APPLICABLE: Protective Services and/or foster care verification; documentation of parent or guardian attending school; documentation of disability for child, parent and/or guardian.
For information about Head Start/Early Head Start call Alexis Russell, Social Services Coordinator, PreKindergarten Services (727) 774-2730, (813) 794-2730, (352) 524-2730.
Five Most Recent...
- Six Pasco Teams Are Going to World OM Finals
- Students entering 7th grade can get a free Tdap vaccination on May 22, 2014
- Eckerd Partners with Pasco County Schools to bring Educational Success to Foster Youth
- Pasco High Teacher 1 of 8 in U.S. Going on South Korea Ag Tour
- Pasco District Sets Kindergarten Pre-Registration, Head Start/Early Head Start Application Date