Wednesday, April 15, 2009
2009-2010 Head Start Application
Parents, Head Start and Early Head Start applications for the 2009-2010 school year are now being accepted! If you think you might be interested in enrolling your child for the upcoming session, we encourage you to submit your application right away, as space is limited.
Please note the following: Preference for Head Start is given to children who turn 4 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year; Eligibility is based on family need and income; Total household income must be within federal poverty guidelines; Completing an application does NOT guarantee a child’s eligibility for services.
Children who are turning 3 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year may also apply. Early Head Start serves expectant mothers, infants, and toddlers through age 3.
Transportation for children is provided according to the District School Board of Pasco County transportation guidelines.
Documents needed to complete an application:
- Child’s CERTIFIED Birth Certificate (Not hospital copy).
- Child’s Health Card (Medicaid, Kid Care or Private Insurance) if applicable.
- Documentation of 4-6 WEEKS of the most current household income (pay stubs, SSI/SSD, W-2(s), employer letter, and/or 1040 tax form).
- Proof of Child Support for all children in home, if applicable.
- Proof of current residency (utility bill, FL ID/Driver's License, etc.).
Additional documents if applicable:
- Child’s Social Security Card or number.
- Information for other family members in the home (Social Security numbers and dates of birth).
- TCA or WAGES Verification (Career Central), or Subsidized Child Care, Protective Services and/or Foster Care Verification.
- Bring copies of recent medical bills exceeding $300.
- Documentation of parent/guardian attending school.
- Documentation of disability or suspected disability in the home for child, parent and/or guardian.
For full details, please download a copy of our helpful Head Start flyer
. Thank you!